Friday, December 10, 2010

The Burning Plain


Movie: The Burning Plain
I saw it on: September 19, 2009
Cast: Charlize Theron, Kim Basinger, Joaquim de Almeida
Genre: Romantic Drama
Synopsis: This movie has three or four story lines that follow the lives of thee women, focusing on Sylvia (Charlize Theron).  Her mother is played by Kim Bassinger.  Although Sylvia seems to be the competent and successful manager of a fine restaurant, in actuality her personal life is in shambles and she is haunted by some pretty heavy demons.

My two cents: I think this is one of the best movies I have seen this year.  The three lead actresses (Charlize Theron, Kim Bassinger and Jennifer Lawrence) all gave tremendous performances.  Critics have blasted this for being too confusing with the multiple story lines.  For the first 20 minutes, I agreed.  But then as I started figuring it out, it became fun as I slowly got to understand the connections and what was going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment