Friday, December 10, 2010

My One and Only


Movies: My One and Only
I saw it on: September 4, 2009
Cast: Renée Zellweger, Kevin Bacon, Logan Lerman, Mark Rendall, Chris Noth, Steven Weber, Eric McCormack
Genre: Period Comedy
Synopsis: The movie is based on the childhood memories of George Hamilton (Logan Lerman).  George’s mother, Ann Devereaux (Renée Zellweger), is a beautiful socialite who has just left George’s father (Kevin Bacon) after learning he has been unfaithful.  She takes George and his half-brother Robbie (Mark Rendall  and set out in a new Cadillac to find a new – and wealthy – husband.  George dreams of becoming a writer, while his brother wants to be an actor.  They eventually find their way to California where the brothers stumble into new career paths.

My two cents: I always like Renée Zellweger, Kevin Bacon, and Chris Noth; so I went in expecting to like this movie – and I did.  There a lot of funny parts – such as repeated claims by George Hamilton that he hates being in the sun.  Ann’s sister and borther-in-law (Robin Weigert and David Koechner) were real scene stealersBut what I enjoyed much more was watching the transformation of Ann Deveraux from basically a bimbo and to a carrying mother who is able to support herself and her children.

I thought this movie was definitely worth seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment